Beiträge von Hava

Es gehört eben nicht nur die Muskelmasse dazu sondern auch Ausstrahlung, Sympathie etc. und diese hat Dennis Wolf ganz klar.

Er wird sich in den nächsten Jahren weiter auf der internationalen Bühne profilieren können. Es haben schon Jungs den Durchbruch geschafft, die nicht halb so gut aussehen wie Dennis.

Wir sind alle Fitness- oder Bodybuildingbegeisterte und wissen alle genau, dass es nicht nur am Stoff liegt. Dazu braucht es mehr. Jeder der das glaubt, ist ein Träumer.

Ich persönlich habe einen hammer Respekt vor Dennis und seiner Leistung und hoffe natürlich ihn weiterhin auf internat. Bühne sehen zu können.

In diesem Sinne :bia:

Mike Ruggeria has one of the most impressive presences in the sport today. He started his lifting career benching and then eventually doing full meets where he met Louis Simmons and was introduced to Westside Barbell. Now he's one of the top superheavyweights in the world right now with a 1050 squat, 675 bench, and 821 deadlift! His best total is 2510.

Mike Ruggiera Interview
    By Sakari

Hobbies: Taking care of my dogs
    Family: I was raised by my aunt and uncle and I have seven brothers and sisters. My girlfriend and I are in the process of getting married and we consider our two dogs as our children.
    Hometown: I currently live in Columbus, Ohio. I’m originally from Syracuse, New York.

Best competition lifts: 1050 squat, 660 bench press, an 810 pull and a 2505 total.

1. How did you first get into weight training?

Believe it or not, I used to be a pretty scrawny kid and I used to get bullied for money on my paper route. I figured if I could get bigger and put some muscle on these kids would leave me alone. So that’s when I started weight training. I was about 13 years old.

2. What was your first involvement in powerlifting?

In 1990, the gym I trained at back in Syracuse held a bench press competition. I decided to give it a try and I got hooked. I think I was in the 242 weight class and I put up 420lbs or something.

3. What other sports have you competed in?

I ran the mile in track my freshman year in high school. I didn’t do bad. I had a 4:52 mile. I also played a little football and wrestled.

4. How did you first train?

When I first started messing with weights I was reading a lot of bodybuilding magazines. I got my workouts from them. After years of doing that, I switched to a three day routine where I hit everything once a week. I grew like a weed and my strength started to take off. This is when I realized more is not necessarily better.

5. Was moving to Westside a big change for you in terms of training?

Well, before moving to Columbus to train at Westside I met Lou Simmons at the 1998 IPA World Cup. I had heard about Westside but never really gave it any thought. But after talking to Lou I started reading a lot of his articles and decided to give that style of training a try. So I did have a heads up on the training, it was the intensity that was quite a change from what I was used to.

6. Was it hard to adapt?

At first it was. I got a lot of grief from the guys at my old gym who didn’t understand what I was doing. Not only that, but the exercises can be a little unorthodox too. So when they saw you doing board presses or Zercher squats you knew the comments were coming.

7. Your lifts jumped pretty fast?

Yes. I made great gains.

8. But then you hit a plateau. What was the cause of that?

I wish had had a clear cut answer for this but I don’t. I think it was a combination of things. I had some medical issues but for the most part a lot of my problem was mental. My lifts in the gym all went up. It’s just when I went to a meet I couldn’t seem to get it done.

9. How did you get over it?

My biggest problem was with squatting. When I would go to a meet I had a difficult time setting up. I bombed out of a lot meets because I couldn’t get a squat in. Paul Childress had told me that I needed to get away from the bands prior to a meet so that I could get used to handling the weight. I didn’t believe him. I had such great success with them I didn’t want to give them up. It wasn’t until Dave Barno and Brent Mikesell confirmed what Paul had been telling me all along that I opened my eyes. Now that I’ve been able to get by the squats I’m able to get my other lifts in and finish a meet. The numbers I’m putting up now are numbers I should’ve been putting up a long tome ago.

10. In your last couple of meets, you’ve done very well. What were the changes that you made?

I’ve been using fewer bands and more chains for my squats. This has helped a bunch. Also, I’ve been working hard on my technique on the bench. George Halbert and Mike Miller of Nazareth Barbell have helped me a lot.

11. Many ask what it’s like to train at Westside. Can you give us a little taste of what it’s like?

It’s a great place to train and get strong. It’s a ‘no frills’ type of place. What ya see is what you get and everyone is serious, determined, and intense. I’ve never had a group of guys push me as hard as the guys at Westside.

12. Is the competition and atmosphere at Westside the most intense you’ve ever witnessed?

Definitely. You don’t want to get beat by anybody there. And if you do it leaves a bad taste in your mouth until the next time. Everybody in that gym has someone they don’t want to get beat by and it makes you train that much harder. It’s great!

13. The gym has moved to a new location. Do you like the new Westside?

The new place is a lot bigger and has more room to move around in. Lou has also added more equipment. But it’s the same ole’ place. The location may be different but it has the same atmosphere.

14. It seems that Louie never seems to run out of ideas.

I agree and it’s great. You know if you hang out with him long enough you start thinking like he does and you’ll be looking for better ways of doing things.

15. Your bench press has gone up recently. What have you done to increase it?

I’ve had some help from George Halbert and Mike Miller. George has taught me how to use my triceps and Mike has showed me a better bench technique that better suits me.

16. What are your favorite max effort exercises?

For the squat and deadlift it would have to be cambered squat bar good mornings and squats and belt squats. For the bench, I like reverse band presses, floor presses and close grip benching.

17. What are your best results in your max effort lifts?

My best squat with the cambered bar is 785(?), 755 good morning and I hit 805 for a triple on the belt squats. My best reverse band press I think is 625, floor press is 515 and close grip is 510.

18. What type of gear have you used in those lifts?

When I do anything for the squat or deadlift I just wear an old pair of briefs. I don’t use any gear for my bench work unless we’re practicing with the bench shirt.

19. What do you think of powerlifting gear, in general?

I think it’s getting a bit out of hand but if you want to compete with the big guys you need to use it. Don’t get me wrong there’s a lot of technique involved using gear and it’s not like you don’t have to be strong. What’s that saying? “When in Rome you do as the Romans do.’

20. Have you thought about going to the WPO again?

Yes, I have. It’s where all the major league competition is lifting at. Kieran Kidder has done a great job promoting professional powerlifting and I’d like to be a part of it.

21. Gear has been here forever, yet lifts have gone up. What do you think the reason for that is?

I think it’s the material gear is made of and the way they’re using the gear.

22. What kind of gear do you use?

I really like the METAL Sport Gear Pro Squatter for squatting and pulling. I have one of their poly shirts which I’m impressed with. It’s just going to take a little getting used to.

23. What is in your future for powerlifting?

I hope to have continued success and growth within the sport.

24. Being a SHW, you don’t have to worry about diet and weight.

Yeah, it’s kind of nice but I do follow a diet and I’ve been trying to keep my weight under 350lbs.

25. Do you see the value of nutrition for powerlifters?

Nutrition is very important to any athlete. I didn’t realize this until I was diagnosed as being a borderline diabetic and had to start watching what I put into my system.

26. What type of changes have you made to your diet?

Dr. Serrano helped me out a great deal. He pointed out that I needed more protein, take in fewer carbohydrates and watch the quality of carbs I was taking in. The guy really changed me around. My girlfriend also played a big part. She had to put up with me and my temper tantrums. You would think I was a 5 year old when she wouldn’t allow me to resort to my old ways.

27. How has it affected your training?

At first it was difficult. I dropped a bunch of weight and my lifts suffered a bit. I leveled out and the weight slowly came back. I think now my recovery is better, I’m leaner and healthier.

28. Do you use any supplements?

Yes, I use Prosperity Nutrition Whey Protein and Meal Replacement Bars, glutamine, branch chain aminos, Prosperity Multi Vitamins, and fiber.

29. What lifters do you look up to and why?

Don Rheinhoudt is a guy that I will always look up to. Not only did he have tremendous strength but he had great sportsmanship and is genuinely one of the most down to Earth people I have ever met. Another person would have to be Lou Simmons (and not because he’s my coach and friend). His longevity speaks for itself. Not only is he not a quitter, instead he is a visionary constantly looking for means to improve himself, other lifters and the sport. Lou gives so much back to the sport it is unbelievable.

30. How do you spend your spare time?

My spare time is spent helping my sweetheart with her training and taking care of our dogs.

31. Any final comments?

Yes, I’d like to thank Lou Simmons and my training partners at Westside Barbell. Without them I wouldn’t be where I am today. I’d like to thank Dave Tate and EliteFTS for supplying me with my METAL Sports Gear. Thanks to Prosperity Nutrition for their sponsorship. I have to thank Dr. Serrano for all his help and friendship. Thanks to my sweetheart Lori, my family and hers, and friends for all their support and encouragement. And finally thank you Sakari for the interview.

seen on elitefts

Hier noch eine Ergänzung. :ja:

Die Teilnehmerliste:

Ahmad Haidar
    Aiman Faour
    Clifton Torres
    Daniele Seccarecci
    Dave Henry
    Eddie Abbew
    Eryk Bui
    Fabrizio Zittucro
    Frank McGrath
    Hidetada Yamagishi
    Jason Arntz
    Joel Stubbs
    Kris Dim
    Luke Wood
    Mark Dugdale
    Martin Kjellström
    Moe El Moussawi
    Marcus Haley
    Roc Shabazz
    Rusty Jeffers
    Silvio Samuel

Liste ist noch nicht ganz komplett. Ev. kommen noch ein paar Teilnehmer dazu

2007 NPC JR USA BODYBUILDING/FITNESS/FIGURE CHAMPIONSHIPS
    SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

Thursday, April 26, 2007
    Embassy Suites Convention Center
    1 p.m. – 5 p.m. NPC Promoters Office: Meeting Room 2

Friday, April 27, 2007
    Embassy Suites Convention Center
    9 a.m. – 7 p.m. NPC Promoters Office: Meeting Room 2
    9 a.m. – 10 a.m. Weigh-in / Check-in (Men): Meeting Room 3
    10 a.m. – 11 a.m. Weigh-in / Check-in (All Women): Meeting Room 3
    5 p.m. – 7 p.m. Final Weigh-in / Check-in (Men & Women): Mtg. Rm. 3

Saturday, April 28, 2007
    N. Charleston Performing Arts Center

Prejudging
    7:00 a.m. Mandatory Meeting (Women’s Fitness)
    7:30 a.m. Mandatory Meeting (Women’s Bodybuilding)
    8:00 a.m. Mandatory Meeting (Men’s Bodybuilding)
    9:00 a.m. Mandatory Meeting (Women’s Figure)
    9:00 a.m. Prejudging Begins!!!!

*Meeting times subject to change depending on number of athletes, official meeting times will be given at weigh-in/check-ins.*

6:00 p.m. Top 15 Men/Women/Fitness/Figure Competitors Mandatory Meeting
    6:30 p.m. Doors open to the public
    7:00 p.m. Finals – All

Special Guest:

Branch Warren

seen on npcjrusa

Das Radio für Bodybuilder und Fitnessbegeisterte.

Pro Bodybuilding Weekly, the new talk radio show devoted exclusively to the world of professional bodybuilding & fitness for a worldwide listening audience. Details on how to listen can be found below.

By: Bodybuilding.com Radio

This Week:

What's This?

Show #58, January 15, 2007:

- Special "Hall of Fame" Broadcast With Shawn Ray!

Bodybuilding talk radio continues its countdown to the 2007 contest season with a special "Hall of Fame" edition of Pro Bodybuilding Weekly, featuring a visit with 2007 Bodybuilding Hall of Fame inductee, Shawn Ray. Five years after his retirement from the stage, Shawn has been selected to join the all-time greats for one of bodybuilding's highest honors. The show will also include special appearances by industry insiders and perspectives on PBW's conversation with Ronnie Coleman.

Mit Dan Solomon und BoB Cicherillo!

Jeden Montag ein neues Interview

schaut vorbei auf probodybuildingweekly.com

Naja ich würde an deiner Stelle nicht komplett auf Kohlenhydrate verzichten. Ein gewisses Minimum an Kohlenhydraten brauch der Körper um Leistung zu erbringen. Also vielleicht auf ein Minimum beschränken. Das tönt nicht so drastisch :thumbup:

05. bis 06. Mai 2007, ETH Polyterasse in Zürich findet the EVENT 07 statt.

2 Tage The Event 5./6.Mai 2007

Early Bird (limitierte Teilnehmerzahl):

1 Person
    sFr. 210.00 pro Person € 132.00*
    Teampaket ab 5 Personen sFr. 199.00 pro Person € 125.00*
    Teampaket ab 10 Personen sFr. 185.00 pro Person € 117.00*

Normalpreis

1 Person
    sFr. 240.00 pro Person € 152.00*
    Teampaket ab 5 Personen sFr. 220.00 pro Person € 139.00*
    Teampaket ab 10 Personen sFr. 210.00 pro Person € 132.00*

* Abhängig von Wechselkurs

Information
    Aus organisatorischen Gründen ist es nicht möglich nur 1 Tag zu buchen.

Pro Teilnehmer muss 1 Formular ausgefüllt werden! Bitte in gut lesbarer Schrift schreiben: Das Anmeldeformular darf kopiert werden.
    Anmelden
    Teilnehmer, die sich vorort anmelden, können bar, mit EC oder Masterkarte bezahlen.
    Abmelden
    Die Annullationsgebühr beträgt (auch mit ärztlichem Zeugnis): sFr. 60.00. Bei Annullationen weniger als 30 Tage vor der Veranstaltung können keine Rückzahlungen mehr gemacht werden; es kann jedoch eine Ersatzperson benannt werden. Für Umbuchungen muss ein Unkostenbeitrag von sFr. 30.00 verrechnet werden. Der Veranstalter übernimmt keine Haftung für Unfälle oder Diebstähle während der Veranstaltung. Änderungen im Programm bleiben vorbehalten. Bei Gruppenanmeldungen geht die Rechnung an die Gruppenverantwortlichen; es werden keine Einzelrechnungen erstellt.

Weiter Infos erhaltet ihr auf www.Fitmess.com